NASMM 2016 Is A Must-Attend – But Not For The Reasons You May Think!
So many great ways exist today to learn and sharpen your skills: you can read blogs, listen to podcasts, watch how-to videos on YouTube, and attend webinars.
Why bother with the time and expense of attending NASMM 2016?
Here’s why: You may be missing out on one of the best opportunities to take your professional game to the next level. Live, face-to-face events provide powerful learning and career-building opportunities you simply can’t find anywhere else. Beyond the obvious reasons to attend – why not consider the following:
Sharpen the Saw
- Sometimes you have to take a break from the “work” of your work to sharpen your skills. A dull axe doesn’t cut a tree nearly as effectively as a sharp one.
- Don’t be the woodcutter hacking away at the tree with a dull axe while your competition cuts it down in half the time with a sharp one.
- While tools like social media and the NASMM E-Lists can keep you connected to your peers, there is no substitute for meeting someone in real life.
- NASMM 2016 provides unmatched opportunities for you to mix and mingle, form new relationships, and strengthen existing ones. Over coffee, lunch, or cocktails, you will forge lasting personal and professional connections. Hundreds of past attendees will confirm this simple fact.
Break Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Someone once said, “Life begins outside our comfort zone.” Breaking out of our comfort zones is just what we need to leave behind the ideas and habits trapping us in our business routines.
- Live events force us to break out of our comfort zones. It’s easy to read a blog post from the privacy of our own office. We won’t break a sweat listening to a podcast (unless we’re on the treadmill.) We don’t have to make small talk while our YouTube video loads up.
- If you’re absolutely terrified of attending a conference alone, please take advantage of NASMM’s wonderful Buddy Program. We’ll match you with a seasoned Senior Move Manager to help break the ice and “show you the ropes!” Don’t be surprised if a new friendship happens along the way.
The Energy of Like-Minded Individuals
- There’s nothing like being in a room full of like-minded people – other people who are willing to take time away from the office to learn something new. Other people who want to “better” themselves. Other people who speak “Senior Move Management.”
- When you sit in a Thought-Leader session, or in a Learning Lab, you’ll discover you’re not alone in wanting to hone your skills and bring something back to your company. This enthusiasm and energy is lacking in online learning channels, regardless of how much chatter surrounds a trending hashtag.
Invest In Yourself
- Perhaps this point is self-evident. Leaving the office and “sharpening the saw” is investing in yourself. It’s admitting you’re worth it. It’s admitting you still have things to learn. That you can get better and be better.
- It’s an investment in yourself, your career, and your company. When you register for NASMM 2016, you’re saying you’re investing in you AND your company.
- Conferences can be expensive. NASMM recognizes that for you – as a small business owner – the expenses to attend NASMM 2016 are coming directly out of your pocket. We understand this fact, and have structured the conference registration fee to include ALL of your conference materials and meals.
- NASMM 2016 a unique convergence of networking, learning, and fun, wrapped into a single compelling package. NASMM 2016 will force you to grow and challenge yourself and you’ll IGNITE your PASSION and your BUSINESS!
- You can’t afford to miss it – and if you register by December 1 – you’ll save $100 off individual registration fees! Click here to register!
*** Don’t forget this fun fact: Your “ordinary and necessary” expenses to attend NASMM 2016 are IRS-allowed business tax deductions!